(This section is incomplete or pending.)
List of traitsEdit
The following is a list of Mosquatlon traits as they relate to traditional vampire lore. It's based on the List of vampire traits in folklore and fiction.
- Skin color: Pale
- Fangs: Proboscises
- Reflection: Yes
- Shadow: Yes
- Attractiveness: Ordinary
- Stake: Through the brain. Will slow them down significantly if through the heart.
- Sunlight: Fatal; Specifically UV radiation. High-enough-amplitude microwave energy is deadly to them also.
- Decapitation: Yes.
- Drowning: Yes.
- Fire: If burned badly enough long enough that they do not have time to initiate healing.
- Silver: No. But they tend to suffer near-paralysis in the presence of polonium.
- Garlic: They don't like it, but it doesn't really hurt them.
- Holy symbols: No
- Running water: No
- Invitation: No
- Arithmomania: No
- Other: Whiteout bodily fluids, which are highly toxic to most creatures. Need bananas for potassium.
- Immortal: No, but they can live to be 800 years old.
- Unnatural strength: Yes.
- Unnatural senses: No.
- Unnatural speed: Yes.
- Unnatural healing: Yes.
- Flight: Only with the aid of technology.
- Shapeshifting: No, save for eyes glowing green.
- Mind powers: No.
- Telekinesis: No.
- Pyrokinesis: No.
- Other: Can absorb corrupted Mikloche and become Glowmatti, but only with the aid of an angel. However, doing so is always fatal.
- Fertile: Yes.
- Reproduce via bite: No.
- Reproduce via transfusion: No.
- Reproduce via consumption of vampire blood after bite: No.
- Inhabited by demons: Only those who get involved in forbidden arts are at risk of demonic possession.
- Other/notes: Mosquatlonism is the result of the Drisalian Curse, which has similar properties to the spell in Beauty and the Beast. A child resulting from the breeding of a Mosquatlon and Human and can become 1 of 3 things after birth. Either the child will randomly stay fully Human or will "flip" and become fully Mosquatlon. A flipped child will not manifest full Mosquatlon attributes until adolescence.
An "Edger" is the very rare condition of the child becoming a "Dilluted Mosquatlon." This being will have the powers and weaknesses of a Mosquatlon, but only half-way. They will live up to 400 years instead of 800. And they can also die from the sun; but it will take twice as long for sunlight to kill them. Interbreeding is highly discouraged, as the Mosquatlon race looks with disdain on the idea of Drisalian Dilution.
- Progenitor: Lord Elithus.
- Source: Divine curse.
- Dracula: Does not exist.
- Supernatural creatures:
- Aviatets (were-canaries)
- Gel Pens
- Metallic Gel Pens
- Ooze Pens
- Thick Alcohol-Scented Markers
- Thin Alcohol-Scented Markers
- Thick Non-Alcohol-Scented Markers
- Thin Non-Alcohol-Scented Markers
- Sentient Robots (Librions)
- Androidal Librions
- Mechanical Pencils
- Non-Vampire lovers: Yes.
- Rest in coffins: No.
- Vampire society or organizations: Yes.
- Known to human society: Hidden at first, out themselves after the arrival of Stationeries.